October 15, 2010 at 9:34 am | Posted in Being Random | 2 Comments
(courtesy of Boing Boing)
The idea behind it is funny, but it isn’t accurate.
(1) Fish and are generally not copyrighted. So it isn’t a crime to copy it.
(2) Assuming that fish were copyrighted, God would be the patent holder. Since Jesus is God (don’t ask me about theology of the Trinity), it isn’t a copyright infringement. A copyright holder is entitled to make copies of the patented items.
As for the bread, it is arguable that the bread may be copyrighted if the baker decided to patent a special method that he used or a new flavour that he came up with. However, if the bread is baked in a manner that is available in the public domain, then Jesus did not violate any copyright laws.
But the idea behind the picture is funny though.
September 23, 2009 at 2:57 am | Posted in Being Random, Link-o-rama | Leave a comment
This is too funny, but helps clear up the whole confusion between nerd, geek, dork and dweeb. I sure as hell hope I am a Geek.
June 3, 2009 at 1:21 pm | Posted in Being Random, Link-o-rama | Leave a comment
Taken from here.
Nap… Good… Go nap now…
• Increase your on-the-job alertness by 100 percent [Tell your boss. Now! Do it!]
• Sharpen your thinking so you make more accurate judgments and better decisions [Follow up point one with this point]
• Ramp up your productivity [Then slam your boss with this finishing point]
• Regenerate skin cells so you look younger [instead of spending hundreds of moolah on useless skin products, just go to sleep]
• Increase your sex drive [mmmm... honey if you have a headache, take a nap]
• Help you lose weight by altering metabolism and shifting chemicals that affect appetite [hmmm... doesn't seem to work for me]
• Reduce your risk of heart attack, stroke, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, and other cardiovascular problems [ doctor says I need to nap more]
• Lift your mood by bathing your brain in the neurotransmitter serotonin [ instead of arguing, lets take a nap]
• Speed up your ability to perform motor tasks, like typing, operating machinery, even swimming [never tried this before]
• Improve your accuracy—in everything [see the point on sex drive?]
• Improve the way your body processes carbs, which reduces your risk of diabetes [got to work that nap into my schedule]
• Sharpen your senses so you take in what’s important in your
environment—and screen out the 24-hour culture chatter that surrounds us [by sleeping I get to avoid people]
• Put your brain into its creative gear so you can come up with fresh ideas [good for the ad agency guys]
• Trigger a naturally occurring hormone that blocks the destructive chemicals produced by stress [stressed? take a nap]
• Boost your ability to learn something new—and, better yet, remember it [so always neap before studying, but no napping through class]
• Zap the need for drugs like caffeine and alcohol to manipulate your mood and energy level [save money, sleep more]
• Relieve migraines [yeah it works for me]
• Improve your nighttime sleep by eliminating that wired feeling and thus shutting off the brain chatter [my brain is such a chatterbox]
• Make you feel good all over [it does. it really does]
May 14, 2009 at 5:32 pm | Posted in Being Random, Link-o-rama | Leave a comment
Tongue-in-cheek reasons why the Brits hate the Froggies (Telegraph)
9. Because they’re allergic to customer service
London eateries, it takes an average 3.4 minutes to get a glass of
water once a waiter has been alerted; in Paris it takes 17.9 minutes.
[Yeah. By the time the hotel fixed the problem I was checking out the next morning]
10. Because they’re rude
Syndrome” is a medically recognised type of depression which afflicts
foreign visitors, caused by the sustained rudeness of French people to
[I've experienced that one before. Nicest people I met in Paris were two Englishmen]
19. Because of their incessant wining
France still make the best wine? Not if you go by the infamous Paris
Wine Tasting of 1976, when an English wine merchant organised a “blind”
tasting before a jury of French experts. To their horror, they rated
Californian wines as winners in both the red and white wine categories.
The French press first denied any tasting had happened, then claimed
the results were fixed.
[Strangely I don't drink French wines. Mine are mostly new world wines or German ones. German grapes would own French grapes any day, because the French ones would just surrender]
21. Because they took the cow pat… and turned it into a hat
Well, that’s what the beret is, isn’t it?
[That's a good one]
26. Because the French health service is the best in the world
during a 2003 heat wave, the French health services, rated as a “world
best” by the WHO, failed to prevent the deaths of 16,300 elderly people.
[It is amazing how they screwed that one up]
May 9, 2009 at 7:15 pm | Posted in Being Random, Link-o-rama | Leave a comment
Yup. Heck cows.Genetically engineered cattle by the Nazi regime to mimic some ancient bull that was part of Germanic folklore. Most of them were killed at the end of WWII, but the Belgians preserved them and now the English have a herd (there are small herd throughout Europe).
It must be real weird for the cows when they meet they non-Aryan fellow cattle.